Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Owen loves Walmart!

While the average person cringes at the thought of venturing into a Walmart, my youngest LOVES the place. Everytime we drive by he starts on the Walmart requests, prompting Ben to ask me to find a new way home from the sitters!

So he's very used to me saying "no" when he asks to go to Walmart. This is the usual pattern. Today however, he went for a new approach.

Owen: "yes, walmart mommy. yes. go there. yes."
Me: "no, not today."
Owen: "please. please. please please please. please Mommy! yes walmart!"

I told him we'd go home, I'd change and we would go back. We went to Dollar General first though, and bought little trinkets there. I told him there'd be no Walmart if he got the 4-wheeler he wanted. He said okay.

On the way home from Dollar General it is necessary to drive past Walmart... "please please please Walmart again!"

I promised we'd go there tomorrow!

No comments: