Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's 1-1-11!

It's a new year and we're making a blogging comeback again.

No excuses, we just haven't had time to blog. I love reading the old posts though, so I'm really going to try to do better!

It's New Year's Day (barely) and both boys stayed up to see the ball drop. We had a late night last night because we stayed up watching Star Wars. Then both boys were up before 8am on New Year's Eve, excited about a trip to the Children's Museum with Heather & Cooper. After a long day at the museum, we had dinner at the Putnam Inn and then the boys worked on Ben's Pinewood Derby car and played Wii (Harry Potter) until just before midnight. I told them I'd need a kiss from them at midnight, and Owen said "I will give you one NOW!" He took off my glasses (he likes them off for some reason) and gave me a nice big smooch!

They didn't really get the "big deal" of New Year's but they kept me company while I watched Dick Clark count it down. At midnight Owen was jumping up and down on my bed yelling "Happy New Year!" By bedtime 15 mins later they were both in meltdown mode. Tomorrow should be interesting!

Happy New Year!

Angela

No comments: