Sunday, July 6, 2008

When Laura Came to Stay...

So our regular sitters are at church camp and Laura came to stay w/us last week to take care of the boys. Today will be the first day in a week that she hasn't been there when they woke up! She did a great job and the boys had a lot of fun w/her.

Friday night she got an especially exciting opportunity... she got to wrangle the boys at the Greencastle Park while I sold candy for Tri Kappa! I think they wore her out!! Ha! Then I gave her a money bag to carry with us because BEN wanted to walk around and sell candy, which we did do. Me, Ben, Owen and Laura sold frozen candy bars for $1. Well, Owen is another story really... he was carrying a bag of frozen snickers. Frozen VERY solid. He swung them and hit himself in the head. So then he was whining about that! I asked Laura to get the wagon... so we just loaded them up and let them ride while we sold stuff. I looked over and Owen was chewing the frozen snickers open!! Ugh. Needless to say there are several that did NOT get sold.

Laura and I also got away from the boys for a bit and went to the thrift stores to shop for school clothes. Check out the stuff she got on my FB photo album. We had a thrift store fashion show! She got lots of other cute things.. but these were some of our favorites.

No comments: