Thursday, September 4, 2008

Holiday World 2008






We went to Holiday World last Saturday. It was a fun trip that Jason and I, the boys, my brother, nephew (Jonah), Aunt Tammie, and my mom and dad did together.


The night before we all went to Mom and Dad's to stay and shorten the drive a little on Saturday morning. Owen was so excited on Friday. I told the boys that it was going to be warm enough to do the water park.. which made Owen do a little dance that include foot stomping and fist pumping while saying "oh yes, yes, yes, I gonna WIM!! (swim minus the "s" sound). Then Ben pointed out to him that we could leave him behind.. like we did last year. Owen, lip protruded, said "why you leave me at home?" Poor guy. Big brother is probably going to give him a complex!


The boys were very good at Holiday World. Ben's favorites were the water park and the birds (the big ones that swing around on chains). Owen liked the boats (canoes), water park, and birds... mostly because his brother did. Jonah's favorite was the log flume. Grandpa rode with the boys on the birds but nearly couldn't get himself out when the ride was over... so that was his one and only ride adventure!


It was an eventful day, but for the life of me right now all I can think of are the moments in the van on the way there and back! All 3 boys were in the back seat together and fussing all the way there about one thing or another. Thank goodness for bucket seats! I only put Owen back there so he wouldn't feel left out... we'll go with left out over all of the fussing for sure next time! On the way home we stopped at a gas station and got tootsie rolls, among other things, for the boys. Owen kept asking me to turn the light on so that he could see to unwrap the candy. I was watching in my rearview mirror as he focused very hard on the wrapper to get it off. After awhile I realized that while I had seen him unwrap MANY, I had never seen him EAT one. You guessed it... unwrapped tootsie rolls everywhere! When I asked where they were and he started moving his legs and looking in his car seat, I knew we were in trouble!


Anyway, we returned exhausted, but having had a great time. More later when I remember the other funny moments with the boys!

See all of the holiday world photos (my battery died on the trip!) at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32802&l=b8081&id=518670535

No comments: