Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Superhero Party...

Last night was the superhero party. Several of my friends lamented "what will they do for his 16th?" Maybe we got carried away??? It was ALOT of fun though!

Jason made an obstacle course complete with a swinging rope. The kids got to stand on the step and swing onto the baby matress. I doubted the safety and success of this rigged up thing... but it worked quite well. Ben was STILL talking about the "training course" when I was trying to get him to sleep at 11PM.
We had "hero" sandwiches.. Jeanmarie and Beth helped with those. I think we made about 60! And of course there was a superman cake.

The kids played "Pass the Kryptonite," "Pin the Super on Superman," and beat the pinata til it poured out loads of candy and toys. Later, Ben got just what he was needing... more TOYS!! He loved it. Lot of work... but worth it! He'll be talking about this until next year.

Oh and check out the capes. Tammie made the velcro closures. We even had a cape for newborn friend, Cooper. I tried to get all of the kids to wear capes and masks and get in the same photo at the same time... with some limited success. I told them they couldn't bust the pinata until we had a pic!
Today Ben's already talking about his NEXT superhero party. He said "mommy, I don't want capes for my next superhero party." I said okay, what do you want. Ben: "no wait, I DO want capes for my next superhero party!!"




One other funny today... Jason had JUST woke up. As I mentioned before Ben is VERY into "which is stronger" kind of questions. Today it was: Batman, Superman or a Ninja Turtle. Jason said: "Batman - no Superman." Ben said in a mocking voice - pointing, I think - "you said Batman, you said Batman!!" Apparently Batman was SOOO wrong!

No comments: