Friday, February 8, 2008

Taking the plunge...

I went back today and published a couple of posts... though I didn't publish ALL of them. I'm thinking I'm almost committed enough to this now to actually share the link with my family! Just too many false starts on these blogs to actually get their hopes up unless I'm going to post every now and then!

Anyway, tomorrow's the big bday party. I need to figure out how many kids are coming... to be mentally prepared for that number I guess! Aunt Tammie is bringing 26 capes up tomorrow. We cut them out last weekend and she put velcro closures on them this week. We decided that velcro was a good alternative as it should prevent the strangulation that might occur with a tied cape!! Someone asked yesterday why we were having such an event for a 4th bday.. and I guess I never contemplated NOT having a big bday party. IF you are going to have a bday party, shouldn't it be huge? I did try to talk Ben into Chuck E Cheese or a trip to the Children's Museum w/friends before we settled on the Superhero event, but his desire for a pinata trumped my practicality. Oh and I stuffed the pinata last night. I poked about 10 bags of candy thru the little entry hole in the top of the pinata. We're going to have sugared up kids tomorrow night!

I am wondering how Owen is going to respond to Ben's party. I'm not a big fan of him getting gifts on Ben's bday, and vice versa. Ben asked last night if he will have to share his bday toys with Owen and I said he would. He was bummed until I reminded him that in a few months it will be Owen's turn for presents, and he'll want Owen to share those. Two boys with common interests is a blessing AND a challenge!

Speaking of Owen, he's really starting to do sentences now. I forgot how cute that is. "Daddy - turkey" has become "Daddy IS a turkey"... of course phoenetically it's "tukey" when Owen says it. We were talking about Ben's party at dinner last night and I asked Owen who his friends are. He named all of the kids at daycare.. with a big smile. I had to keep stopping Ben b/c he wanted to answer FOR Owen. I guess this is why they say second kids don't talk as much/early as the first child. #1 is always answering for #2.

Well I REALLY have to get on with work, shopping, and bday party prep today. It will be a busy day!

No comments: