Friday, March 14, 2008

No new pictures...

Not this week. I've hardly SEEN the boys, let alone taken time for a picture! I stayed at the hospital on Monday and Tuesday night with Mom and Dad. Mom is recovering pretty well. I saw the incision for the first time today... and proudly, I didn't faint! I always get a little dizzy when I see my own -- but this one actually looks pretty good. They glued it closed. Ben's question... "paper glue?" I said probably not. I ALMOST said "probably super glue" ... but then I stopped. I can only imagine the conversation that would have ensued had I mentioned "super" and "glue" in one sentence. He is "super" crazy right now... super heroes everywhere. I have a feeling he'd have been asking for super glue if I had said it.

So anyway, mom may get to come home tomorrow. Ben's really confused about why she can't come see us. She'll be trying to lay low for the next 4-6 wks... no contact with people for at least 2 weeks and no germy people for even longer. I think my boys are considered "germy".. so it may be May before they see much of "Bammaw," as Owen calls her.

The boys have been with our "old" sitter this week... Julie. Unfortunately Julie lives almost in Rockville, which makes for a VERY long drive for me on nights that I'm picking the boys up. Ben especially loves it there. He got a splinter this week while playing outside there. I noted it for the first time last night (this is a different splinter... I may have mentioned the last drama in a previous post). It took 2 adults, 1 hour, a slight spanking, 2 needles (well, 1 pin and 1 needle) and a pair of tweezers to get it out. Jason and I took turns and tried to psych Ben out with pokes into our own fingers and "see, no blood" kinds of things. The poor kid was just wailing... I mean to the point that folks shopping at Walmart may have heard him. Tears running down his cheeks. Some kind of groaning/hyperventilating noise... and that was all BEFORE we even touched the finger! Seriously! He was soaking wet with sweat and so were Jason and I...

Hours later, in his sleep, he apparently re-lived the scenario... he talks in his sleep anyway. Last night the talking/crying/screaming was about the splinter. He was yelling "don't take it out! Just leave the splinter there!" It's going to be a long summer with that play set and his new desire to climb on everything for the purpose of jumping off!

Oh and an Owen story... he is SO into the "Don't break the ice" game... this morning before heading off to daycare he started crying "ice - ice - ice!" It took a bit for Jason to get that he wanted the game... to take to Julie's. Ben yelled "she already HAS ICE Owen!!" Still Owen cried and screamed until Jason said, let's just take it. So after Julie's today the boys were dropped off with another friend, Beth, until I returned to Greencastle from the hospital a little later. As we were leaving Beth's, Owen saw that silly game. From her house to mine (10 mins), he yelled ICE all the way. When we got home and Jason got in the door, it was the first thing he wanted... The boys played a couple of games while I made dinner. He's going to be a game boy like his dad, I guess!

No comments: