Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cousins... 2nd post today!

I started to put all of today's events in one post but it would have been ALOT of pics! I'm going to try breaking them out AND linking to a full set of pics in Facebook...

After soccer we went to Bruceville to see Mom and Dad and then on to Vincennes to see the boys' new cousin, Clint. Aunt Tammie handed Clint over to Ben to hold - and I wasn't worried. Even though Clint is not yet a month old, I knew Ben would be careful. That is just how he is. THEN she handed him to OWEN! I wasn't sure about that... but he did wonderfully! In fact, he didn't want to give Clint up. He just kept cuddling him and smiling at him. Very sweet. Clint is beautiful... dark complexion, very alert. It was a fun visit. Ben and Owen really liked to look at him and then hold his hand...

The boys also got a few minutes on Nick's 4-wheeler and lawn mower!
After grabbing a quick dinner to take back to Mom and Dad's and then eating with the boys, we went to Dad's shop for a tractor ride. Owen has been waiting for the ride for days... and as soon as we got to Mom & Dad's today he started clapping and saying "papaw, papaw!" Shortly thereafter he was all about the cows and the tractor.


After the ride down the dirt road and back, the boys went into Dad's shop. Owen spied the 4-wheeler and plainly said "I want to ride pappaw's 4-wheeler!" Of course Grandpa obliged. The boys finished and then played in the dirt... and then along came cousin Kyle. The pictures tell the story there... they had a great time! Oh and this last photo of Kyle... this is his "Uncle Steve" sign. How cute!

A funny from today, by the way... Ben was trying to figure out which tractor they were going to be riding. I said "the White" -- he said "I want to drive the gray tractor!" Me: "yes, that is the White." Ben... "no, it's GRAY!!" This continued for awhile and was then repeated when Grandpa gave the same explanation. I said later, whoever chose to call a gray tractor a "White" was obviously crazy!
Here's a link to a bigger photo album on Facebook!

2 comments:

JM224 said...

So I'll be the first to comment on your blog! I HAVE been reading it and I do enjoy reading what you write. Great job! Ben and Owen are very entertaining... it's almost like reading the Sunday comics.
I love the hee haw bibs!!!

The Huff Family said...

Yay! Thanks for the comment! I think there's a Sunday comic called "Family Circus" right? That would probably be the most fitting one for us!!