Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Old post - from 11/10/2007

I'm copying over stuff from another site I used... this is a blog post from Nov 2007...

We are SO getting flu shots next week... all of us! I set the alarm early today to go to Walmart... we were out of juice AND I needed to get ingredients for my pitch in stuff for our church Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I knew immediately that I'd been infected by the little germ-breeders that live in my house! Jason woke up with the flu as well... so it's been an eventful day for the two of us. Owen got sick again last night too - and he was fussy/clingy all day... I don't know what is worse - having a sick kid when your sick yourself or having one that ISN'T sick and is bored all day!! I finally had to go out to Walmart tonight to get some rice, gatorade and jello (for jello water) and was able to pick up some Halloween costumes (Ninjas with MUSCLES) for 90% off. This has ended the boredom for awhile...

So anyway, we're obviously staying home from church tomorrow as we're both still taking turns will the illness tonight. We missed last week's service too as we headed down early to pick the boys up from Mom and Dad's since Ben was sick with the flu. I can't think of the last time that we missed 2 wks in a row of church service... not something I like to do. Even when we had both boys, I think we missed only 1 Sunday. Hopefully the sermon taping is on for tomorrow...

I was also thinking today, as I laid in bed (most of the day), that I need to be sure to insert the kid stuff into these blog posts... since I don't do any other kid-journaling or scrapbooking. So right now, I LOVE:
* Owen's chubby legs and arms (Ben loves them too - we are trying to break him from calling Owen "chubby)
* The way Owen says "NOOOOOO" (picture him pushing his lips out and building up to the NNNNN part). We did explain to him and to Ben tonight that when he's a little older he will get paddled for saying NO. When Jason said paddled, Owen leaned over in his high chair and tapped his bottom saying "butt?"
* Ben's sweetness. He loves to have mommy rub his back when he is going to sleep. He still likes to have every little injury kissed. He was really sweet today while we were sick... once (without graphic detail) when I was obviously getting sick on the other side of the bathroom door, he waited outside asking if I was okay over and over.
* Ben's superhero moves. At present he is yelling "Superhero" and doing some kind of jump/lunge. He's wearing the muscular ninja costume as he does this. The yelling is not so good on the head right now... but it's still cute.
* How both boys call me "momma" all of a sudden. Annoying in volume (like in Walmart when they say it over and over and over), but really sweet most of the time.
* How Owen kicks his feet and gets really excited in the opening scene on Spirit when the horses come running over the hill. He LOVES this movie. We can't say the word or he goes to the DVD player and TV and starts saying "play, play, play, play"
* And finally, Owen's words right now... he can say/repeat ANYTHING if he chooses too. Some of my faves right now: dadeeee, puter (computer), truck, tractor, heuse (horse) (and juice and shoes - which are phonetically the same), Owen, bite, bobble (bottle), and mmmmmmmilk.

We've gotta get them rounded up and calmed down to get them into bed now!

No comments: